Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let Us Pray

This very minute, I am at one of my favorite places in Wisconsin: Cedarly Pastors' Retreat Center in Oconomowoc. It's an oasis in my desert, a place I slow down and meet God again.

Funny calling it an oasis in the middle of winter with big snow flakes falling lazily outside my window. I'm inside this little prayer cabin with the pot-belly stove blazing, and have had a great morning reading and reflecting on and praying through some of the early chapters of the prophet Isaiah. He says, with deep sadness, "the ox knows his master, the donkey his owner's manager, but Israel does not know, my people do not understand" (1:3).

Could I ask you rather selfishly to pray for me on this trip to Israel that I might know God in a new and fresh and powerful way? Scripture indicates that there is no greater joy or higher good than delighting oneself in the Lord.

BTW, this is my test run of blogging without internet, from my phone, as I'll be doing in Israel. If anything looks weird, that's why. :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment