Monday, January 24, 2011

Final Day in Israel (boo hoo)

What a trip this has been! Last full day. I think it's gonna be a good one. Then we fly out around midnight.

The food here has been fantastic. I've been very disciplined. Ok, the passion fruit and mango sherbets demanded multiple tastings multiple times. But other than that, I've followed a John the Baptist diet--minus the locusts. Well, maybe it was the King Herod diet. Who knows what it's called, but it sure tasted good.



I probably shouldn't share this, being a pastor and all that, but put this under the category of real life in Israel. My room mate, Tom is a retired army colonel chaplain. Great guy, real jokester. He's a vegetarian, which has an upside and a distinct downside when certain veges are consumed in large quantities. When, in the middle of the night, he broke wind, I thought it was the call of the shofar ram's horn summoning soldiers to the walls for battle.

Here he is in front of Elijah's statue, Mount Carmel.

2 comments: