Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Back on Terra Americana

Sitting here at Newark airport and contemplating getting home seven hours later than planned. The word "contemplated" is overly generous in describing my current level of cognition. I'll have been up from Monday 6am Israeli time to Wednesday 8am Israeli time by the time the pillow in Stoughton beckons. If my abacus serves me right, that's 50 hours. Many blogs have met their demise when being written under such conditions. Did I mention that the elders assume no responsibility for the content of waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda, you'll come a waltzing Matilda with me.

A cappuccino, a glazed Dunkin donut and a call to my sweet, and I'm ready for the next 100 hours. Sounds almost like a presidential agenda. Item 1: Waltzing Matilda.

Ok, time to get spiritual. My meal was kosher as proven by the righteous certificate above. This trip has kind of fried my circuits in lots of expected ways, and some very unexpected ways. I'm hoping to share authentically (as opposed to inauthentically) this coming Sunday in both services. I think I'll share the story of the very Jewish grandma who was very unhappy with me on the plane, and how she connects to what I've been learning about Judaism and God and Israel and church and me and many things. But not waltzing Matilda.

This trip has been (WARNING: CLICHE COMING!) such a life-changer. Ok, I'm no taller, but I feel taller. Seriously, it's been quite profound. From a learning and experiencing point of view, I mean. Forget the tall nonsense. God is bigger. Jesus is dearer. And Israel is more something than it ever was before. The Bible too. Hard to explain it to you. Better to experience it with you. HOW ABOUT WE GO TO THE HOLY LAND IN MARCH 2012?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment