Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Nachom, Our Guide

No sleep, but a great flight, and then we're on the bus with our Israeli tour guide. Though his quickness at blaming "those guys" for many things is initially a bit over the top, and the group stats to snicker whenever the words "violence" and "Arab" are used in close proximity, he turns out to be a superb guide with an encyclopaedic knowledge of Israel, history, geography and both Old and New Testaments. And I guess if I lived in a country that has gone through so many birth pains and growing up pains and was surrounded by folks who kept talking about pushing me into the sea, I might appear to have a little chip on my shoulder too. Here is Nachom drawing the layout of Roman roads on the Cesarea Hippodrome.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment